Wednesday 25 January 2012

My First Blog Post - You will not be any better off for reading this

On Sunday I went out for my first 20 mile run since the Chicago Marathon. This was in preparation for the Tokyo Marathon which is now less than 5 weeks away. During the run I realized that I hadn't been doing much in the last five years, creatively speaking. Realizing that I needed to do something productive with my time, I decided to create a blog about my running experiences. Since graduating from University, most of my writing experience has been limited to work emails, facebook updates and text messages, so the quality of my writing may be a bit, well, shitty. Hopefully my musings will be of help and entertaining to you...or perhaps this interest will fade and I'll forget about this blog in the next couple of weeks, a more likely scenario.

Embedded below is the route I ran on Sunday. I could write about the temperature and how I felt during the run, but Sunday was three days ago, so the details are a bit hazy. I remember it was cold when I left, but warmed up near the end. The run did take about 3 hours. I'm kinda uninspired to reflect on the experiences of this day. In my defense, I was very motivated and attempted to start this blog on Sunday, but had a hell of a time mapping my route on gmap-pedometer.com and mapmyrun.com and then embedding it in my post while the AFC and NFC Championship Games were going on. Still haven't figured out how to do it, so I guess I'll have to settle for google maps for the time being. It's easier to use g-map pedomter or MapMyRun to chart your routes, but Google Maps is easier to embed on a website. I'll figure it out eventually, or even better, someone who reads this will tell me how to do it.
Until next time

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment